We are experienced Solicitors and Registered Migration Agents with a proven track record. We offer personalised service with a reasonable fee structure.
Check out our latest client testimonials!
New Visa and Citizenship Processing Times Published on DIBP Website
We often get asked “how long will my visa application take to process?”
The DIBP now publish meaningful global visa and citizenship processing times on their website.
To have the best chance that your application is processed within the published processing times, ideally you must lodge a Decision Ready Application – one that meets all legislative criteria and also has all supporting evidence included.
Visa applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis, and the actual processing time for any given Visa Application can vary due to individual circumstances, including:
- Time of the year the visa application was lodged (e.g. over Christmas holiday period or close to the end of the program year)
- Individual Case Officer or Processing Office’s processing stance
- whether you have lodged a complete application and included all necessary supporting documents
- how quickly you respond to requests for additional information
- how long it takes to perform required checks either by DIBP or third party
- how long it takes to receive additional information from external parties, particularly in relation to health, character, national security, and Assurance of Support requirements
- the number of places available in the migration programme for that particular visa subclass
- surges in demand and peak periods.