Got questions ?    Click Here    to submit an enquiry    or   call us on    (03) 9484 1566
Got questions ?    Submit Enquiry    Or Call    (03) 9484 1566
Neo Phoenix Pty Ltd
Lawyers & Registered Migration Agents

We are experienced Solicitors and Registered Migration Agents with a proven track record. We offer personalised service with a reasonable fee structure.

Check out our latest client testimonials!

Study Then Apply for PR Case Study

Complete "Eligible Study" then apply for General Skilled Migration


Jason, a 27 year old Singaporean, completed a Certificate IV in Hospitality (Commercial Cookery) at an Australian TAFE institute. Jason enjoyed his stay in Australia and wanted to apply for permanent residency under the General Skilled Visa Stream.

In order to fulfill the Basic Requirements, Jason needed to receive a positive skills assessment in Skilled Occupation. Having completed a certificate IV as well as having completed 900 hours of relevant work experience enabled Jason to receive a positive skills assessment as a Cook from Trades Recognition Australia (TRA). This meant that Jason could fulfill the most important aspect of the skilled visa Basic Requirements and also allow him to claim 60 points for his occupation toward his Skilled Visa Points Test.

Jason also has exceptional English language ability and easily secured 7 in each component of the IELTS test as well as an overall band score of 7. This enabled Jason to claim 25 points for English language ability.

Jason's profile enabled him to meet the Skilled Visa Points Test pass mark of 120 points

Assessment for Jason Lai
Age Points 30
English Points 25
Occupation Points 60, Cook
Modl Points 0
Australian Study Points 5
Experience Points 0
Spouse Points 0
Bonus Points 0
Sponsorship 0
Points Score 120

Permanent Residency (PR) under General Skilled Migration (GSM) can be made easier if you have an eligible family sponsor in Australia. That is a relative who is an Australian Permanent Resident or citizen who is willing to sponsor your skilled visa application.

If you undertake full time study at a Regional Campus for 2 years you may also be able to claim points for "Regional Australia".

Did You Know?

Apart from being the leader in Student Visa advice and information, MY AUSTRALIAN can also act as an Educational Agent. That means that we can represent Registered Educational Institutions and thus can organize your course enrolments.

If you have a specific query concerning your skilled visa options after you complete eligible Australian study please contact